The Minietta mining district dates back to the late 1880s and was initially backed by George Hearst. The district was worked off and on through about the early 1950s.
The Minietta cabin is one of the very best in the Adopt-a-cabin program. Its in fantastic shape and we have been lucky to have spent a few nights here over the years.
The mine we explored here (one of many) was extremely interesting. We found "1896" written on one of the interior doors as well as some old newspaper scraps (undated).
The COOLEST part about this mine is the rock located outside the mine entrance. Covered with carvings in the rock by the miners and more recent visitors.