MORRIS CAMP




Morris Camp dates back to 1915 when silver was first discovered here. The discovery of scheelite and tungsten here brought greater life to this mine during World War 1, employing about 50 men by the mid 1930s. By 1955 all mining in the canyon had ceased.




The cabin in the above left photo has burnt down:







We are currently researching further information about the flash flood that took 3 miners lives in this canyon in 1991.






































Alysia checks out the mine grafitti









Ghost town index Ghost town links Who are we? Directions to ghost towns? email us!Webrings and Awards Join Ripley's Ghost Town Mailing List Ghost Town Rallies Assorted photos that didnt fit anywhere else Ripley's Puppy Pictures



Site 
Meter